Dietary suppements, vitamins and herbal remedies are used by
homeopathic, naturopathic and Chinese medicine practitioners.
Alternative Medicine Directory in UK
Alternative medicine and holistic medicine practitioners employ office staff, massage technicians, acupuncturists and other healing arts professionals.
Alternative Medicine: What is It?
Alternative medicine and complementary medicine are health care systems, practices and products that are used in place of modern western medicine (alternative medicine) or in conjunction with modern medicine (complementary medicine). Acupuncture, aromatherapy, chiropractic, herbalism, homeopathy, meditation, vitamins, yoga -- these alternative medical practices and treatments are well known. Others may include hypnotherapy, biofeedback and homeopathy -- here are almost 500 such systems. The list of therapies that are considered to be complementary and alternative medicine changes continually, as treatments that are proven to be safe and effective get adopted into modern, western conventional health care, and as new methods of health care emerge.
Alternative medicine is divided into 5 basic categories:
- Alternative Medical Systems: Alternative medical systems have constructed complete theories of medical treatment and practice, such as homeopathic medicine, naturopathic medicine, traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda.
- Mind-Body Interventions: Mind/body intervention improves the mind's capacity to affect health and symptoms. Support groups for patients and cognitive-behavioral therapy have been accepted into mainstream medicine. Mental healing, prayer, meditation, art, music and dance still are considered to be alternative medical techniques.
- Biological Therapies: Biologically based therapies use herbs, foods and vitamins to improve health and prevent disease. Herbal products and dietary supplements are typically sold in natural food stores.
- Manipulative and Body-Based: Manipulative and body-based systems use physical, hands-on manipulation of the body to achieve improved health and treat symptoms such as muscle and skeletal pain. Chiropractic and osteopathic treatments, as well as physiotherapy and therapeutic massage, are practiced widely.
- Energy Therapies: Biofield therapies make use of touch and pressure to manipulate biofields, such as qi gong, therapeutic touch, and reiki. Bioelectromagnetic-based therapies use electromagnetic fields as a treatment method.
Copyright © healthcarehiring.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Contribute to our database